Imagine the excitement of having access to a scholarship! Picture the joy of being part of the vibrant Glasgow University community. What if this dream could become a reality?
Well, Glasgow University is here to make it easier for you to apply and study there. And here’s the best part – it’s a fully funded scholarship! I bet you’re thrilled about this opportunity.
For the Academic Session 2023-24, the University of Glasgow is offering multiple International Leadership Scholarships to international students enrolling in a postgraduate taught Masters program in any discipline. These scholarships are awarded as tuition fees discounts.
In this article, you’ll learn about who is eligible to apply for the scholarship, how Nigerians can apply, the expenses covered by the scholarship, and the application process for both graduate and undergraduate students.
- 1 Overview of Glasgow University Scholarships
- 2 Who is Qualified to Apply for the Scholarship Opportunity at Glasgow University?
- 3 What are the Costs Associated with the Glasgow University Scholarship for International Students?
- 4 Countries/Regions that meet the Eligibility criteria
- 5 Requirements for Postgraduate Glasgow University Scholarship
- 6 Application Deadline for Glasgow University Scholarship
Overview of Glasgow University Scholarships
In common with universities of the pre-modern era, Glasgow originally educated students primarily from wealthy backgrounds; however, it became a pioneer in British higher education in the 19th century by also providing for the needs of students in the growing urban and commercial middle class. Glasgow University served all of these students by preparing them for professions: law, medicine, civil service, teaching and the church. It also trained smaller but growing numbers for careers in science and engineering.
Glasgow is the largest University in Scotland by total enrollment and with over 19,500 postgraduate, the second largest in the United Kingdom by postgraduate enrollment.
The university has the sixth-largest endowment of any university in the UK. It is a member of Universitas 21, the Russell group and the Guild of European Research- Intensive Universities.
the university was originally located in the city’s high Street; since 1870, its main campus has been at Gilmore hill in the City’s West End. Additionally, a number of University buildings are located elsewhere, such as the veterinary school in Bearsden and the Critchton Campus in Dumfries.
Who is Qualified to Apply for the Scholarship Opportunity at Glasgow University?
- Show outstanding academic achievements with grades equivalent to UK 1st Class Honors.
- Receive an offer of admission for a postgraduate taught program starting in September 2023.
- Be classified under International fee status.
What are the Costs Associated with the Glasgow University Scholarship for International Students?
- The tuition fees you are required to pay depend on your fee status and the specific program you choose. For most applicants, fee status aligns with their current country of residence. However, determining fee status can be complex. The information you provide in your application is used to assess your fee status, which will be confirmed with you after you submit your application.
- Applicants are considered EU fee status if they are EU nationals or non-EU nationals with settled status in the EU, have ordinary residence in the EEA at the time of application, and have resided in the EEA for three years, unless their residency outside the EEA has been temporary and less than six years.
- Applicants are classified as International fee status if they are non-EU nationals or UK nationals, have ordinary residence in a non-EEA country at the time of application, and have resided in a non-EEA country for three years, unless their residency outside the EEA has been temporary and less than six years. Migration requirements will be specified in your offer letter.
- The scholarship is granted as a tuition fee reduction of £7,000 per year of study and is contingent upon satisfactory progress for consecutive years of study.
Countries/Regions that meet the Eligibility criteria
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- British Virgin Islands
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic
- Congo Democratic Republic of
- Costa Rica
- Cote d’Ivoire
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Falkland Islands
- Guinea Bissau
- Hong Kong
- Korea North
- Korea South
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- United Arab Emirates
- United States of America
- Vatican City
Requirements for Postgraduate Glasgow University Scholarship
Applications for Master’s degrees will be considered from graduates who hold an upper second-class honours degree from a national university.
Work experience cannot substitute academic qualifications, unless explicitly stated in the program entry criteria.
Regarding English language proficiency, the University will exempt applicants from taking an English language test if they meet the following criteria:
- WAEC/NECO English grade C6 or higher (B2 for programs requiring IELTS 7.0)
- Plus, the applicant has graduated from a Nigerian, Ghanaian, Kenyan, South African, or Zimbabwean university within the last 5 years.
Applicants must upload a copy of their WAEC/NECO certificate along with their application.
Application Deadline for Glasgow University Scholarship
The deadline for scholarship applications is May 21, 2023. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates for interviews will be contacted in the first week of June.
For the September intake in 2023, the deadline for submitting applications for equal consideration is January 26, 2023. The deadline for sending applications to universities through UCAS is June 30, 2023. The final deadline for the September intake in the UK is September 28, 2023.
If you have any questions or comments about these fully-funded University of Glasgow Scholarships for International Students in 2023 – 2024, please leave a comment below. A member of our staff or a fellow ACADite will respond to you.
Interested candidates can Learn More about this Scholarships.
For queries on the scholarship or application process: Enquire Online.
Feel free to share.