A great opportunity knocks at your door especially if you are a physician or have a degree in any of the medical fields. This opportunity is for you. You must not miss it!
“I feel privileged and grateful for the precious opportunity to attend the Assembly on the travel scholarship. The learning experience was encouraging and stimulating. I will translate the knowledge learned into my role. Meeting other providers has also helped put our efforts in Malaysia into perspective. Thanks very much!”—Lee Ai Chong, MBBS, 2017 scholarship recipient
A 2017 recipient of this Scholarship Program gave a fabulous testimony on her learning experience and her agility and confidence of putting all what she has been taught to practice. Of course, this was few years back, imagine how the scholarship program will be now that technology has advanced. This is a great opportunity for you and and I suggest you grab it as quickly as possible!
In this article, I would be sharing with you An Overview of AAHPM Scholarship in USA for Physicians from Developing Countries, qualifications to apply for the scholarship, countries eligible to apply for the scholarship, how to apply for the scholarship, and the deadline for application of the scholarship.
- 1 A Comprehensive Look at the AAHPM Scholarship for Physicians from Developing Countries in the USA
- 2 Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship Opportunity
- 3 Nations Qualified for this Scholarship Opportunity
- 4 How to Apply for the AAHPM Scholarship in the USA for Physicians from Developing Countries
- 5 Application Deadline
A Comprehensive Look at the AAHPM Scholarship for Physicians from Developing Countries in the USA
Annually, the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (AAHPM) offers the International Physician Scholarship (previously known as Scholarships for Physicians in Developing Countries) specifically tailored for professionals from developing nations.
The International Physician Scholarship Fund was established to facilitate educational opportunities for physicians residing in low and middle-income countries (as classified by the World Bank) to attend and actively participate in the Annual Assembly.
This scholarship initiative provides financial aid (up to $5,000) to cover typical expenses related to attending the Annual Assembly, such as registration fees and travel-related costs, encompassing airfare, taxi fares, meals, and accommodation. Scholarship recipients attending the Annual Assembly will have the chance to access the latest clinical insights and research updates in hospice and palliative care presented by leading experts in the field
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship Opportunity
Scholarships are open to physicians practicing in hospice and palliative medicine, dedicated to the care of seriously ill patients. If you fall into this category, your application requirements comprise:
Applicants for the scholarship opportunity must meet the following criteria:
- Be current members of the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (virtual membership is available to physicians residing in developing nations as defined by the World Bank, falling under ‘lower or middle income,’ and listed in the HINARI directory of eligible countries facing challenging circumstances such as natural disaster recovery).
- Have not previously attended the Annual Assembly.
- Possess a valid passport suitable for entry into Canada (*for in-person scholars. Please note that passports typically need to be valid for at least six months beyond the departure date to facilitate re-entry into the home country).
- Be in the early/junior stage of their career, with 2-10 years of experience primarily in palliative care, including residency or fellowship focused on studying palliative care.
- Belong to organizations that face financial constraints and are least able to afford this opportunity.
- Hold a medical degree and demonstrate proficiency in written and spoken English
Nations Qualified for this Scholarship Opportunity
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Cabo Verde
- Arab Republic
- Fed. Sts. Timor-Leste
- Congo Republic
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Arab Rep.
- El Salvador
- West Bank and Gaza
- Papua New Guinea
- São Tomé
How to Apply for the AAHPM Scholarship in the USA for Physicians from Developing Countries
NOTE: You can apply via email:
You are required to prepare a concise Curriculum Vitae (CV) limited to two pages.
Additionally, prepare a one-page letter of recommendation and support from your supervisor or a person of authority in your organization, written on your organization’s official letterhead.
Complete the application process through one of the following methods:
- Fill out the online application form
- Alternatively, download the application form, and submit the completed form, along with your CV and the letter of recommendation, to 1alundberg-at-aahpm.org.
The application period for the 2023 International Physician Scholarships ended on February 16 at 11:59pm CT. For inquiries, please contact Charli Holstein at email@example.com.
For further details about this scholarship, visit the official website here.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this AAHPM scholarship in the USA for physicians from developing countries, please leave a comment below, and one of our team members or fellow ACADites will respond to you.
Feel free to share this information on your social networks.