Securing the Harvard Academy Postdoctoral Fellowships is crucial for students aspiring to engage in interdisciplinary research and make meaningful contributions to the academic community.
These fellowships are specifically crafted to aid exceptional early-career scholars, enabling them to pursue their research passions and encourage international academic collaboration.
Please note that the fellowship details and application process may vary, so it’s essential to visit the official Harvard Academy website or contact the institution directly for the most current and accurate information about the application requirements and deadlines.
Check out this scholarships:
- EDSF Scholarship Program for Student in Document Management and Graphic Communications
- Humphrey Fellowship Program for International Students in USA
- Google Lime Scholarship for Disabled Students in USA & Canada
- Berea College Scholarships for International Students
- AAUW International Fellowship Program
- Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship Program in USA
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Awards Program
About Harvard Academy Postdoctoral Fellowships
The Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies, founded at Harvard University in 1984, is delighted to unveil its latest competition for the Harvard Academy postdoctoral fellowships.
This opportunity aims to identify outstanding scholars in the early phases of their academic journey. These scholars should exhibit excellence in a social science discipline and have a profound knowledge of languages, cultures, and expertise associated with countries or regions outside the United States or Canada.
Their scholarly endeavors should transcend traditional disciplinary confines, delving into comparative, transnational, or domestic issues, both historical and contemporary.
Academy Scholars comprise a distinguished group of individuals characterized by their ingenuity, drive, and unique contributions, demonstrating potential for careers in research universities or international institutions.
Annually, the Harvard Academy extends five or six two-year, in-residence, postdoctoral fellowships to individuals of this caliber.
- These grants are available to individuals who have received a PhD or an equivalent doctoral degree (within two years of the August 1, 2024, start date) and advanced doctoral candidates in the field of social sciences.
- Scholars in the final stages of completing their dissertation must provide proof of degree completion issued by their university registrar’s office by June 30, 2024, for an August 1, 2024, start date.
- Applicants who have previously held or completed another postdoctoral fellowship at Harvard are not eligible to apply.
Conditions and Requirements
- Each year, the program appoints five or six Academy Scholars for two-year, in-residence positions, providing an annual stipend of $75,000.
- The scholars have a three-year window within which to complete their two-year term.
- The first year of the fellowship must commence in the fall immediately following the offer.
- Postponements or delays in the first year are not allowed.
- Academy Scholars can request a one-time leave (up to 12 months) between the first and second years, specifically to accept or continue a tenure-track teaching position.
- During their appointment, scholars cannot accept any other forms of funding, awards, or commitments.
How to Apply for Harvard Academy Postdoctoral Fellowships
To be considered for the Harvard Academy Postdoctoral Fellowships, ensure all application materials are submitted by the deadline of September 22, 2023. Late applications will not be accepted.
The complete application package must include:
- Curriculum vitae (CV), including a list of publications.
- Research proposal (maximum 2000 words), detailing intellectual objectives and planned methodological and disciplinary work.
- One scholarly writing sample (e.g., a chapter from your PhD dissertation or a single-authored peer-reviewed academic journal article; maximum fifty pages; written in English).
- Copy of your PhD program transcript.
- Three letters of recommendation (uploaded directly and confidentially by the recommender to the online application by September 22, 2023).
All components of the application, including the recommendation letters, must be submitted online in PDF format. Access the online application by clicking the “APPLY ONLINE” button on The Harvard Academy’s website homepage.
Please ensure that all materials are received by September 22, 2023. The selection process commences immediately after this date. Incomplete applications put candidates at a disadvantage during the evaluation process. Award announcements will be made in December 2023.
Interested Candidates for this fellowship should LEARN MORE.
We value your feedback, so please don’t hesitate to leave your comments below. Our team will address your inquiries promptly.
Stay updated with the latest scholarship news by visiting Acadite frequently.