The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program stands as a guiding light for international students aspiring to pursue their academic and professional growth alongside their U.S. counterparts. It serves as a transformative platform, fostering change and embodying the spirit of international collaboration.
If you aim to expand your horizons, emerge as a global leader, and contribute significantly to your society upon your return, the Humphrey Fellowship is the perfect opportunity for you.
Throughout its history, the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program has chosen exceptional individuals—accomplished professionals in their early to mid-career stages, holding leadership roles.
These candidates exhibit a strong dedication to public service and display the potential for significant progress in their respective fields.
All applicants should express a keen interest in enhancing their leadership abilities through collaborative knowledge exchange with Americans and fellows from other nations participating in the program.
Interested in this Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program follow me.
An Overview of Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
The Humphrey Program is funded by the U.S. Department of State and supported in its execution by the Institute of International Education, with funding provided by the U.S. Government.
Since its establishment in 1978, nearly 6,500 fellows from 163 countries have taken part in the program.
The Humphrey Fellowship is a unique non-degree exchange initiative tailored for experienced mid-career professionals. This fellowship invites individuals from specific countries, including Nigeria, to the United States for a year-long graduate-level study program.
The focus of this program is on leadership development and fostering professional partnerships with American counterparts at selected U.S. universities.
The program is structured to offer extensive professional development through a variety of activities customized to match the specific interests of each fellow.
Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program Prize Awarded
The scholarship covers:
- Tuition and fees at the designated host university,
- Pre-academic English language training if necessary,
- A living allowance with a one-time settling-in payment,
- Accident and sickness insurance,
- A book allowance, a single computer subsidy,
- International travel to and from the U.S. for the program, as well as domestic travel for mandatory program events in the U.S. Additionally,
- There is a professional development allowance provided for activities like field trips, professional visits, and conferences.
Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program Eligibility Requirements
In order to qualify for the Humphrey Fellowship Program, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of an eligible country
- an undergraduate (first university or Bachelor’s) degree;
- a minimum of eight year of full-time professional experience;
- limited or no prior experience in the United States;
- demonstrated leadership qualities;
- a record of public service in the community;
- demonstrated English language ability by scoring not less than 100 on the Internet-based TOEFL (iBT) test. Participants should use 9616 as the institution code to ensure that their scores are sent to our office.
How to Submit your Application for Humphrey Fellowship Program
A comprehensive application consists of the following elements:
- An online application featuring a well-articulated program plan, clear objectives, and reasons for applying
- Detailed essays
- Uploaded academic records, certificates, and curriculum vitae
- Two professional letters of reference submitted electronically, attached to the online application, and written by individuals familiar with the applicant
- A copy of the biodata page of a valid international passport.
Please note: Official hard copies of academic transcripts from all attended post-secondary institutions and additional supporting documents must be sent to our offices via regular mail.”
Humphrey Fellowship Program Schedule
Applications will be accepted starting from April 1, 2024. The deadline for submitting the online application along with the necessary supporting documents is June 16, 2024.
Online Application Process: Applicants can access the application portal at this link: https://apply.iie.org/huberthhumphrey. First-time applicants should click on “create an account to start a new application.”
To identify the most suitable program field among the 19 options that aligns with your professional and public service background, please consult the attached “Humphrey Program Fields” document.”
For further information about the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship, please visit www.humphreyfellowship.org.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the Public Affairs sections.
If you have specific questions, please feel free to email NigeriaFulbright@state.gov with “The Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program” in the subject line.
Your comments are important to us, so please feel free to share your thoughts below. Our team will respond to your inquiries shortly.
For the latest scholarship updates, be sure to visit Acadite regularly.